Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What a Project!

So our bathroom sink has had a leak for about two months now. My not-so-handy hubby insisted he could fix it himself. Just like he fixed the leaking toilet earlier this year (NOT)! After his third attempt to stop the leaky sink, I demanded we call a plumber. The plumber came last Friday to give us an estimate. His recommendation: Get a new sink AND a new toilet! I knew this day was coming. I think Jeff did too, but he just didn't want to admit it. Can't say I blame him though. I mean, who really wants to go to the expense of replacing things like that in a place we're not even going to be living in much longer. However, it will only help the place sell. So, off to Menards we went and found a new sink and toilet. I was extremely grateful to find the deal that we did because when I was looking around online, I was thinking it was going to cost us at least $400-500 just for the hardware. We walked out of there spending less than $225! Of course, we went for functional over fancy, but as I said before, we're not staying here for long anyway. We just need something that works properly and looks decent. Anyway, below are photos of our latest home improvement project in progres. Now I need to run to the store so I can also use their restroom. Drinking a large iced coffee this morning when we're without a working toilet probably wasn't the brightest idea I've had! LOL
UNDER CONSTRUCTION:

COMPLETE:

1 comment:

Katri said...

Oh the joys of maintaining a home! We hardly survived taking down bathroom wallpaper when we first moved in our house! Ha!
Patrick has grown up! Wow! Davis starts 7th grade on Tuesday...yikes!!!!