Monday, September 8, 2008

Sweet Victory!

I know I just had a baby only eight weeks ago, but I'm still feeling like a fatty. On September 1st, I decided to go back on Weight Watchers. I figured it would be a good way to start off the month and the week, since it happened to fall on a Monday. I had been on WW for three months before I got pregnant with Cheyanne and had successfully lost 19.2 lbs. After just a week of doing it on my own, I weighed myself this morning and I've already lost 6.8 lbs! I thought I was seeing things! I must have re-weighed myself 12 times. I did the same thing with my starting weight though, but that's just because I couldn't believe how LARGE that number was! LOL Anyway, I still have quite a ways to go, but I feel good knowing that my efforts are making a difference. I haven't officially signed back up with WW, I'm doing it on my own for now. Once I go back to work, I'm going to sign up for the "WW at Work" program. The new 12-week session just so happens to start back up the day after I return from maternity leave. Now that's what I call serendipity! And if I attend 10 out of the 12 weekly meetings, my company will reimburse me for half of what I paid. So there is no excuse for me not to do it! To be honest though, I don't mind being on WW. Sure, it can be a lot of work calculating points all the time, but the end result is so rewarding. Plus, I get 10 additional points each day because I'm breastfeeding! I can't wait to start fitting in my clothes again! I return to work 4 weeks from today and my goal is to lose 12 lbs by then. I think I just might be able to do it!

4 comments:

Katri said...

Rock on! That is SO awesome! Keep up the good work! Last spring when I went back to work I was in the in-between stage and that is so hard. Good for you for jumping on that already...you'll get there in no time!

Tiara said...

That's great Tracy! Keep up the good work.

Angelique said...

You'll definitely be able to do it! WTG :)

Lily & Lilacs said...

You're a beautiful woman even if you have a few extra pounds. Your body gave you 3 gorgeous children and keeps up with the running around after them! Good for you to reward your physical and mental healh by taking good care of yourself and being healthy!